Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas morning 2013



Christmas morning 2013 was ushered in with picturesque snowflakes falling as the boys sat in front of the Christmas tree waiting patiently to see if they landed on Santa’s “nice” list.  I secretly love December because of the Santa trump card.  Phrases exit my mouth such as “I wouldn’t do that, Santa could be watching” or “Santa certainly would not appreciate you hitting your bother.”  Come January I am all out of verbal ammo which results in the over utilization of an oldie but goody, “because I said so.”  Regardless, the boys ripped into presents while Jamie and I masterfully extracted the toys from the packaging.  After a few years, one becomes rather proficient in getting through the clam packaging, multiple twisty ties, masking tape and clear rubber bindings in record time without leaking even one word of profanity.

Most notably, every year it gets more fun watching them open their presents and hearing Riley yell the inevitable, “this is what I have always wanted” after each present is unveiled.  As a young child I could never understand why my mom thought it was so fun to watch my brother and I open presents when she knew she wasn’t getting anything… Now I understand.  

No comments: