Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Brown Belts





The boys earned their brown belts this past December.  The next belt is Red and then the coveted Black Belt.  Enrolling these two easily influenced boys has been money well spent. They have learned much more then just punching and kicking.  For example, at the beginning and the conclusion of each practice the team chants the following:  

"Who wants to be a black belt leader?" asks master Youngman.    "I do sir," replies the kids.  "What do you need?" asks master Youngman.  The kids chant -
"I need knowledge in my mind,  honor in my heart ,strength in my body, and make good friends. Practice leadership, discipline, stay very very focused.  Listen to parents the first time."  

"What will you grow up to be?" asks master Youngman.  "A Black belt leader sir."

No comments: