Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Riley's birthday party





Three years old; what, really, why, wait, wait.  I’ve heard it a thousand times, “it goes fast”, or “cherish the time, they grow up too fast!”  I met all of these statements with a quick but determined smirk as if to say “that’s you. It won’t happen to me.”

 It happened.  It happened on this day. Riley Myles had his third birthday party complete with his cousins and his friends from preschool in attendance.  So, I am humbled by how fast my boys have grown.  I will join the ranks of parents that tell others of this phenomenon even though I know that they are not listening nor do they believe.

Happy birthday to my baby.  I am quite certain that I will go to bed tonight, wake up a few nights later and you will be asking for the keys to the car.  I vow to do my best to relish in the time we have together; but I know that you will continue to grow- I only hope that you will always know how much you are loved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a GREAT party. Rilley was so happy, and I loved going down the slide with the little ones. Yep, maybe one day I will grow up. NOT.
Love Grandma Menne